Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Dogwood's Mournful Story

After a post a week or so ago about the Dogwoods and Strawberries in bloom, I now want to show an example of the story of the Dogwood. I am unsure of where I heard the story at first, maybe in church growing up. These pictures are of the recent blooms and exhibit the blood stains of Christ. A more in depth telling of the story: Legend of the Dogwood Tree.

Little and beautiful blooms among a barren forest.


The crimson symbols of Christ's blood; sad, yet beautiful.


The cross shape is more visible in the mature bloom in the foreground. The bloom in the background will gradually change its shape into a more cross like shape in a few days.






Sunday Blog hop at Three P's in a Pod. Have a Happy & Blessed Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice photos. Thanks for sharing. I am visiting you from Say Hi Sunday. Nice to "meet" you.

    I hope you have a blessed and happy week!
    Long Wait For Isabella

    ReplyDelete