Vidalia Marinated Chicken Kabobs with Barbecue Veggies Kabobs
Makes 2 meals
8 6 Inch Bamboo Skewers or Skewers of Choice
1 Half Pound Chicken Breast
1/4 Cup Vidalia Onion Salad Dressing
1/2 Cup Premium Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Chives (dried or fresh)
Veggies of Choice (faves: grape/cherry tomatoes, onions, broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers.)
Barbecue Sauce (fave: Masterpiece Kansas Honey.)
1. Cube skinless chicken breasts into equal size cubes that are at least 1 square inch cube, about the size of four game dies. Uniform size is important, the food cooks more evenly and at the same rate.
2. Mix marinade for chicken: In a medium bowl mix 1/4 cup Vidalia Onion salad dressing, 1/2 cup premium virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon of chives (dried or fresh.) Add chicken, coat thoroughly, cover and refrigerate at least two hours to overnight.
3. One hour before grilling soak bamboo skewers in warm water, make sure they are submerged completely.
4. Before skewering meat and veggies preheat grill to medium-high.
5. Cut and skewer veggies of your choice. Do not cut veggies that are super tender, such as mushrooms. Baste with your favorite barbecue sauce.
6. Skewer meat on their own skewers; do not mix veggies with meat because they cook at different times.
7. Place prepared skewers on grill at a vertical angle to the grill grate. Cook veggies until they are tender re-baste with sauce and turnover. Cook chicken on each side at least four minutes, change times based chicken size, and re-baste chicken.
8. Remove from skewers and plate. Enjoy.