Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pimento Cheese and Green Jackets

With the 2011 Masters Golf Tournament in Augusta ending tomorrow I thought I would provide you with a sandwich spread that is a staple at the Masters and in Georgia homes: Pimento Cheese Spread. I started making my own last year after becoming dissatisfied with the taste of store bought spreads that had a preserved and plastic taste. My recipe can either be mixed together, chilled, and served or mixed together in a food processor for a smooth consistency, then chilled, and served. The products I use are specific for a reason, they're good. I have tested different cheeses (some too salty, others to large) and mayonnaise (some brands are just plain nasty). My main objective when making this recipe was to lower the salty taste and make a chunkier spread. I hope you enjoy while watching the last rounds of the Masters.

1 Cup Kraft Mexican Four Cheese Blend
1/4 Cup Hellman's Mayonnaise
3 Tbs. Dromedary Diced Pimentos
Bread for sandwiches (toast or plain) or Buttery Crackers


1. Put the cup of cheese into a mixing bowl.


2. Add the 1/4 of mayonnaise to the cheese and blend together.


3. Add the pimentos; you can add more or less according to your preference. Blend together again.


4. You can either cover and chill at this stage or put into a food processor for a smooth texture. The pimento spreads purchased in stores are more than likely to be blended in a food processor. Either process you choose, the spread should be covered and chilled for at least one hour before serving.


5. Remove the spread from the refrigerator and the cover. Put on anything you like; I like toast or you can do it the Masters way: sandwich bread with cold spread.


6. Enjoy!

1 comment: