When you get on Pinterest there is usually one pin that everyone is pinning, currently it is Rolo Pretzel Turtles. When I saw this pin over and over I decided to mix it up slightly by using walnuts instead of pecans, which were used with the Rolos pictured below, and create Moose Track Pretzels. I am on a big salty sweet crave right now, so a mixture of chocolate/peanut butter/pretzel would satisfy such a craving.
Moose Track Pretzels:
Will make approx. 60 treats
1/4 Bag Square Pretzels (Snyder's of Hanover Butter Snap Pretzels)
1 Bag Resealable Reese's Mini Cups (the smallest cups their are)
1 Cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread pretzels onto baking sheet covered in parchment paper, trust me you'll need the parchment, and organize anyway you like. Discard any broken pretzels, well by eating them.
3. Place mini peanut butter in the center of pretzels.
4. Place treats into preheated oven for approximately 3-5 minutes. When making rolo treats do not place them on the same baking sheet since rolos take longer to melt.
5. When the peanut butter cups are slightly melted to the point of being soft, place peanuts onto of the chocolates and press inward to spread out the melted candy and cover the pretzel.
6. Allow to cool completely, then they are ready to enjoy or give away as Christmas treats.
Rolos for walnut rolo treats.
What a waste of time unwrapping each candy when you can use unwrapped peanut butter cups!
Peanut butter cups are at the top, this is where I learned not to combine rolo with peanut butter cups.