Saturday, February 26, 2011

Preparing for Spring

According to the Farmer's Almanac I can start a few of my seeds, I ordered last month from Baker's Creek Heirlooms and a few from other locations, on March 4th. I will upload my progress over the next few plantings of what I plant and how each variety should be cared for.

This Friday I will plant:
Brussels Sprouts-Catskill
Pepper-Red Cheese
Tomatoes-Emerald Green, Missouri Pink Love Apple, & Pink Brandywine

I have already tested a few seeds that I saved from the past two years: Butternut Squash, Pink Brandywine Tomato, Eggplant, and Cantaloupe; all were successful except for the eggplant which had a 0% germination rate. I will try and provide a detailed inventory and how well this season goes to provide a guide for next year's planting.


To find out when the best time to start seeds indoors and outdoors
check out the following best planting days. Happy Planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment